Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lodi Zinfest

Zinfest!!!! …was amesome. The white pop-up tents snuggled against the side of Lodi Lake awaiting the stampeding wine hounds. I’m really not exaggerating. I don’t know how those girls could power walk in the skyscraper heals they were wearing, not to mention the rugged terrain. I say that because, yes, I wore those ridiculous things too and was left in the dust stumbling over protruding roots. I was further amazed how entertained I was, even though each tent housed the same thing. It’s so interesting how different each wine can be even if it is the same varietal. I do want to mention a few that really enticed me…
Dog Day Red (Blend) from d’Art www.dartwines.com
2010 Estate Crush Rose from Estate Crush www.estatecrush.com
2009 Petite Syrah from Macchia www.macchiawines.com
2010 Muscato D’Amore from Dancing Fox www.dancingfoxwinery.com
2009 Toadilly Luscious Wine (Port) from Toasted Toad 
2009 Viognier from Toasted Toad www.toastedtoadcellars.com

No comments:

Post a Comment