That evening, we went to Boca di Beppo to celebrate Deanna's birthday and had the most amazing Tiramisu ever.
Friday, we got up early and had breakfast downtown at a café. Again the food was amazing. Afterwards, we visited a vibrant, red octopus and its fellow sea friends at the Seattle Aquarium.
Once we had exhausted the opportunities to pet starfish, sting rays and anemones, we set off in search of a good place for me to get a pedicure. (There was no way I was going to a bachelorette party the next day with my post-gardening nails!) Yelp lead the way and I found myself on the fifth floor of a very tall building. The salon was the classiest I've ever been in. I felt like I was having a Carrie Bradshaw/Meg Ryan experience! We left the salon and headed across town and hopped on a boat. We cruised around the bay seeing Seattle waterfront and sipping chilled beers.
Later that afternoon, we met up with Briana, a Fresno State college buddy, at the convention center stationed at the Sea Hawk Stadium. Briana and Deanna would be running in the Rock 'N Roll 1/2 Marathon the next morning.
We had fish and chips for dinner on the Warf. But the day was still not over! We rode the elevator up to the top of the Seattle Space Needle.
The city was in its nighttime glow and gorgeous. With only a few hours to sleep before the big run, we called it a day.
No comments:
Post a Comment